Monday 24 March 2014

My Airplane Essentials - Skincare

Hi Guys! As i'm going on a long haul flight from Toronto to Ireland I thought i would share what I consider my essentials while flying.
The first thing i do before i go to the airport, especially on an overnight flight is take every ounce of my make up OFF! I NEVER EVER wear make up on a long haul flight. Reason being is that flying is awful for your skin. Being up in the air that long just sucks all the moisture out of your skin. Trust me, I have learned from experience. I never used to do these steps before i flew and my skin suffered for days afterwards! 


The first thing is use to take my make up off is the Simple Kind To Skin Cleansing Facial Wipes. I just use this to take off my make up initially, just to get the first layer of make up and daily grime off my face. You can purchase these at Boots or Shoppers Drugmart and are quiet cheap.


The next thing i use to cleanse deep down and get all the hidden make up out of my skin is the Bioré Deep Pore Charcoal Cleanser. This stuff is brilliant! It has helped clear up my skin so much. I lather it with some warm water in my hands and scrub my face with it once or twice, depending on how much make up i wear that day. It takes absolutely all my make up off my face and leaves my face feeling so clean.


The next thing I use is my night cream. I will never use a day cream on a flight because its not moisturizing enough for flying. I use the Nivea Rich Regenerating Night Cream for dry/sensitive skin. I don't have dry skin but it is very sensitive because its acne prone. I prefer to use a heavier cream at night and let it sink into my skin. This is a very rich cream and will feel greasy at the start but once you wake up in the morning your skin feels heavenly! I do go a bit overboard with this and will apply a few layers before I check in my bags. I don't mind feeling a little greasy when I use this before my flight because I know its doing wonders for my skin and its not going to feel dry and disgusting when I get off the plane!

After all this is done I'll put on my favorite leggings and jumper by VS PINK and pop on a pair of Uggs so i'm all comfy and cosy! There's nothing better than feeling your most comfortable on a flight ladies!

Happy Monday x



No comments:

Post a Comment