Wednesday 26 March 2014

Current Beauty Favorites - March


Hey Ladies and welcome back to my blog! Its coming to the end of March and I cant believe it! Where are the months going at all?! Anyway, today I am going to be sharing my March beauty favorites.
Iv been loving a few things this month so I thought I would share them with you all.

My first favorite has got to be the Essence Get Big Lashes mascara. Its just fantastic for the price. It is under €4 and can be bought at nearly any pharmacy in Ireland. For my Canadian readers, this can be purchased at Shoppers Drugmart for under $4.

As you can see, the wand is nice and thick so it gets right over the lashes perfectly, creating a lot of volume and gets a good bit of product onto the lashes. This mascara creates more volume than length but thats my personal preference. So if your looking for a volumizing mascara than this is definitely the way to go if your on a budget.

My next favorite is a bronzer. Forever 21 recently came out with a cosmetics collection so i took a wander in there to check it out. I needed a new bronzer so decided to pick this one up. 


As you can see its a really rich brown color so its perfect for contouring and just all over bronzing. In the pan it looks like there is shimmer in it but once its on the skin you cannot see the shimmer whatsoever. Its very creamy and extremely easy to blend out. I was really pleasantly surprised by this product and ill definitely repurchase this again once i run out. It retails for only $4.80 and is a steal for the high quality of this product!

My next favorite is a lipstick from MAC. I needed a new nude lipstick and i just find that MAC has the best selection for women with a darker skintone.



I picked up the lipstick in the shade Hug Me (on the right). This is my absolute perfect nude color. Im not a fan of a lighter nude as i feel that it washes me out a bit because i have a darker olive complexion so i tend to go for darker, brown nudes. Its a lustre finish but there is no shimmer at all, it looks like more of a creemsheen when its on the lips. Its extremely creamy and easy to a apply and a perfect everyday lipstick. Pop a lighter nude gloss over top on a night out and your good to go! 

My next favorite is MAC Studio Fix Fluid. I absolutely love this foundation, its my all time favorite! I am quiet yellow toned in my skin so MAC really caters to that. Its the only foundation that has matched me perfectly. I have combo/oily skin so it really keeps that at bay also. 

I went to MAC to pick up a lighter shade as im usually an NC40 in the summer and came out with NC35 which is my perfect match in the winter/spring. Its very full coverage so perfect for a night out! But, for everyday, i mix a little bit in with some MAC strobe cream for a lighter coverage.

The next thing i have been really liking is this Essence XXL Shine lipgloss in nude candy. It looks so good over top the MAC lipstick! 

I have also been constantly lining my lips with this lip pencil from Essence in Hot Chocolate. It is a dark brown nude color and looks so good along side MAC's Hug Me. The formula is so creamy and just glides onto the lips! 

This next favorite has been a rediscovery of mine. Its a blush by Benefit called Coralista. I completely forgot i had this (hence the battered packaging!), but i absolutely love this! Its a pink-coral color that has a lot of shimmer in it. It is so nice for spring and summer as the shimmer in it really lifts your cheekbones. Its more of a sheen than a glitter so there is no need for a highlighter!

My final favorite for this month is a brush that i have been obsessed with. Its the Real Techniques Expert Face Brush. I was given this by a friend and have only recently started using it daily. Where has this been all my life? Its has taken place over all other foundation brushes as my favorite. This just blends your foundation out so flawlessly and is small enough to get into all the crevices in your face. I also use this to blend out my concealer. It gives you such a flawless, airbrushed finish and can be used with the lightest to the heaviest coverage foundation!

Anyway guys, thanks so much for reading! Have a safe week!
Happy Wednesday x











No comments:

Post a Comment